MATE LENSMATE LENS CLEANING
the easy way to ensure optimum laser
- Improve optics life and performance
with this convenient and easy-to-use Mate maintenance
- Description: Stapled 4" x 6"
book, 25 tissues per book, perforated for easy removal.
LensMate lens cleaning tissue
is formulated for demanding cleaning applications.
- Extend lens life by reducing build
up of contaminants that cause premature lens failure.
- Improved cutting performance and consistency
by reducing absorption and thermal lensing.
- Avoid costly downtime and repairs from
LASER LENS CLEANING
Note: Dry tissue will damage lens coatings.
Use ONLY when tissue is
wet or saturated with solvent.
Always wear powder-free finger cots or rubber gloves
when cleaning lenses to prevent lens contamination
from dirt, skin oils, etc.
- Place the optic on a clean lens tissue
in a well lit work area.
- To begin cleaning, (Fig. 1) blow the
lens with a clean air source (canned air
or a squeeze bulb) to remove loose residue.
- Fold a tissue into halves or quarters.
(Fig. 2) Moisten the tissue with several drops of
high purity isopropyl alcohol or acetone.
- Carefully drag the tissue across the
lens under the tissues own weight. If properly
saturated, the tissue will leave a slight solvent
trail, which dries quickly and evenly without streaking.
- DO NOT apply downward pressure or any
scrubbing actionthis will permanently damage
the lens coating.
- The appropriate solvent should dissolve
and suspend the contamination, which is re-absorbed
by the tissue surface as it is dragged across the
- Repeat using a clean tissue and additional
solvent until the contaminant is fully removed.
- Finally, rinse the lens (Fig.
4) with high purity isopropyl alcohol and allow to
dry a few minutes before remounting.
ordering available 24x7
Product Bulletin (213k)